— First Annual ELEVATE Event Assists Financial Advisors Affiliated with Ladenburg’s Subsidiary Firms in Growing Fee-Based Advisory Business —
— Enterprise-Wide Conference Brings Together Senior Executives of All Ladenburg Firms, Financial Advisors, Industry Thought Leaders and Best-in-Class Product Companies —
MIAMI (BUSINESS WIRE) – Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE American: LTS, LTS PrA) (“Ladenburg”), a publicly-traded diversified financial services company, together with its independent advisory and brokerage firm subsidiaries Securities America, Triad Advisors, Investacorp, KMS Financial Services, and Securities Service Network, today announced the successful conclusion of its inaugural ELEVATE conference.
ELEVATE is an annual, invitation-only event designed to provide financial advisors affiliated with Ladenburg’s subsidiary firms with the educational resources, training, tools and industry thought leadership they need to grow their fee-based advisory work on behalf of clients. Held at the Grand American Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah from November 7 through 9, the event was attended by over 280 financial advisors, who enjoyed in-depth discussions and breakout sessions on the changing face of the independent financial advice industry in the fiduciary era. The event’s entire three-day agenda focused on how financial advisors can position their practices for continued success by expanding their fee-based business, especially within the context of holistic financial planning services for clients.
Richard Lampen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ladenburg Thalmann, said, “We’re thrilled to bring our first annual ELEVATE conference to such a successful conclusion, with a tremendous level of energy and enthusiasm among all of the attendees about the event, and more importantly, future opportunities across the financial advice profession. Our industry stands at a crucial inflection point defined by heightened expectations on the part of both clients and regulators that will require innovative new approaches among financial advisors to succeed. We’re proud to provide expert guidance to the advisors affiliated with each of our firms to help their businesses continue to thrive, especially with respect to growing their fee-based business, deepening client relationships and enhancing the efficiency of their practices.”
Dennis King, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Fee-Based Sales for Ladenburg network firm Securities America, added, “Securities America and our advisors were very pleased to participate in Ladenburg Thalmann’s new ELEVATE event, which delivered a truly comprehensive range of expertise and guidance to help our advisors capture one of the most significant opportunities facing all advisors across our industry – How to best accelerate the growth of your fee-based advisory business. The event was a powerful demonstration of Ladenburg’s longstanding mission of supporting the success of the five independent advisory and brokerage firms in its network as unique communities of like-minded advisors, each with its own culture and leadership team.”
Michael Bryan, Senior Vice President of Advisory Services for Ladenburg network firm Triad Advisors, said, “The success of the inaugural ELEVATE conference demonstrates Ladenburg’s longstanding track record of providing advisors affiliated with its subsidiary firms with industry-leading resources that perfectly complement each firm’s existing services while reinforcing their autonomy. The content of the conference spoke directly to the key issues that are on advisors’ minds as we move into the fiduciary era, and provided in-depth strategic guidance that will help advisors look to the future with confidence. We look forward to building on everything we and our advisors learned at the ELEVATE conference to empower our advisors to continue to grow and succeed by expanding their fee-based business.”
ELEVATE’s innovative content was delivered across three tracks: Practice Management, Rep as Portfolio Manager and Outsourced Money Management, in order to help advisors tailor their experience at the conference to their individual portfolio management model. Key highlights from the event included:
- An in-depth panel discussion between Ladenburg Thalmann CEO Richard Lampen, Executive Vice President and COO Adam Malamed, together with the CEOs of each of the Ladenburg subsidiary firms – Jim Nagengast of Securities America; Jeff Rosenthal of Triad Advisors; Pat Farrell of Investacorp; Eric Westberg of KMS Securities; and Wade Wilkinson of Securities Service Network – on the future of the industry and how advisors can successfully adapt to change;
- A keynote address by Millennium Project co-founder and CEO Jerome Glenn on taking a future-oriented perspective toward long-range issues and opportunities, including industry change;
- Detailed overviews of new Managed Solutions investment offerings from Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management and how advisors can seamlessly incorporate these offerings into their practices;
- Breakout sessions on multi-generational strategies to help advisors build relationships with clients’ heirs and the next generation of investors; developing new revenue streams for advisors’ businesses; and portfolio construction in the fiduciary era; and
- Coaching sessions by Ladenburg Thalmann Practice Management to help advisors convey the value they provide to clients as the traditional role of the advisor expands to include financial organization, behavioral coaching and risk management, in addition to unbiased advice.